Your children are invited to our FREE 2022 FALL workshops!
Welcome to CHICAGO YOUTH FOUNDATION
Active youth do better in life. They are more likely to excel in school, succeed in work and have less health issues. Ice sports are a powerful way to keep kids active and teach valuable life lessons, yet the kids who would benefit the most from ice sports are prohibited from participating due to the multiple barriers these sports present. Our mission is to remove the barriers and allow all Metro Chicago youth (K-8) the opportunity to experience the thrill of participating in ice sports in a fun, safe, positive and inclusive environment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender and socio-economic status.
McFetridge Sports Center
3843 N. California Chicago IL
Sunday Afternoons 3:00 – 3:45 PM and 3:45 – 4:30 PM
10/2/2022 through 12/18/2022
Morgan Park Sports Center
11505 S. Western Ave Chicago, IL
Sunday Afternoons 2:00 – 3:00PM
10/2/2022 through 12/18/2022
LEARN-TO-SKATE CHICAGO (for kids who are just learning how to ice skate)
- Students will learn the proper skating techniques needed to participate in our hockey or figure skating programs.
- We will provide ice skates unless you have your own.
- YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BRING YOUR OWN BICYCLE HELMET
- Please bring your own soft Knee Pads, soft Elbow Pads and Warm Winter Gloves.
- The student should wear layers, a long-sleeve shirt, a light jacket, sweatshirt or jersey, leggings, sweatpants or loose fitting jeans.
- Skates will be put on the student by his/her parent or guardian.
HOCKEY ON YOUR BLOCK (for kids that already know how to skate and would like to learn how to play hockey)
- Students will learn the proper techniques of advanced skating, stickhandling, passing, shooting and playmaking so they can play hockey for Team Chicago.
- We will provide hockey skates unless you have your own.
- At this time. participants will supply their own hockey equipment and stick until further notice.
FIGURE SKATING ON YOUR BLOCK (for kids that already know how to skate and would like to learn figure skating)
- Provides a safe and fun environment with group skating instruction that follows the framework of United States Figure Skating (USFS) to serve the needs of both recreational and competitive skaters.
- We will provide figure skates unless you have your own.
- A helmet is optional.
Class size is limited to only the first 40 students who register online.
If your children would like to participate in our 2022 FALL workshops simply click the link below TODAY. Classes are filling up quickly!
Click here –> Registration Form
Please direct inquiries to:
CHICAGO YOUTH FOUNDATION, is a women-driven initiative that brings the joy of ice sports to Metro Chicago youth who would not otherwise gain this experience, improving their social and academic well-being and empowering them to find success through sportsmanship and teamwork.